Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Passion for Golf

Welcome to my blog!  My name is Kelsie and I am currently a senior strategic communications major at Southern Utah University.  I am 22 years old and having the time of my life at college!  The most important thing for you to know about me is my complete and adoring passion for golf.

Find this cute board on Etsy here.
I grew up going to the course with my dad after he would finish playing with the men's club.  Golf is in my blood.  I started to get really into the sport for myself when I was a junior in high school and played varsity for the Lehi High School Girls Golf Team.  I have been playing for 6 years now, and just wish I could go back and start sooner!

Golf is a very unique sport that requires you and pushes you to have integrity, be honest, and independent.  That is the biggest pull that golf has on me.  I am and always have been very independent, and this self-refereeing sport is made for me.  I have had coaches, family, and friends that have helped me significantly improve my game, but when practice is over and I'm on the course, I have to rely on myself to go low, to make those tough shots, or sink a two-footer for par, and that excites me.

Golf will always be apart of my life, and I am excited to share my passion with you!

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I have never golfed before, except for uh trying to hit the ball at the driving range. Do you have any suggestions for people that have never really golfed before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend A LOT of time trying to hit the ball at the driving range! My suggestion, get on the course and give it a try! The driving range is fun and great for practice, but actually playing is way more fun. Most people think you have to be good in order to play, or even to have fun, but I am here to tell you that is not true! Give it a try:)

      Delete